NOTE: This event is held on MEMORIAL WEEKEND.
About Hospice House: When staying at home isn’t an option, Kansas City Hospice House provides a peaceful care alternative by providing medical and nursing care for patients facing advanced illnesses, as well as emotional and spiritual support for patients and their families, all in the comfort of a beautiful, homelike environment. It’s a place where many generations come together and where family members are relieved of caregiving duties and can focus on each other, while the staff attend to the patients’ needs.
Serve KC volunteers provide meals for the residents’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
Today’s Meal Theme: Grill out. What is your favorite grill out food item? Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, BBQ pork? Watermelon, deviled eggs?
Select one of the available categories below, (without a name next to it) then use the Comments section on this page to indicate what you will bring. Please be firm in your commitment.
1. Protein (24) – Grilled chix tenders – Steve
2. Protein (24) – BBQ pork and buns – Valerie
3. Protein (24) -Brisket w/BBQ sauce – Marice
4. Side dish – Deviled eggs – Norma
5. Side dish – Watermelon – Cathy
6. Side dish – Cheesy hash brown casserole – Tina
7. Side dish – Corn on the cob – Cathy
8. Bread – Jill
9. Salad – Susan Feldman
10. Broccoli Salad – Teresa
11. Dessert for approx. 20 – Betty Ann
12. Dessert for approx. 20 – Carol
13. Side dish – Ellen