About Hospice House: When staying at home isn’t an option, Kansas City Hospice House provides a peaceful care alternative by providing medical and nursing care for patients facing advanced illnesses, as well as emotional and spiritual support for patients and their families, all in the comfort of a beautiful, homelike environment. It’s a place where many generations come together and where family members are relieved of caregiving duties and can focus on each other, while the staff attend to the patients’ needs.
Serve KC volunteers provide meals for the patients’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
Today’s Meal Theme: Summer – What’s your favorite summer food item to eat? Fried chicken? Watermelon? Salad?
We will serve approximately 50 people, so please bring hearty portions.
1. Main dish – Chicken strips – Joel
2. Main dish – Mary Anne
3. Main dish – Hamburgers, buns and condiments- David
4. Main dish – Grilled hot dogs, buns and condiments- Lisa
5. Main dish – Manicotti – Tina
6. Vegetable tray – Norma
7. Hot vegetables – Cheesy corn – Betty Ann
8. Hot vegetables – Hash brown casserole – Cathy’s husband
9. Salad – Green – Cathy
10. Salad – Fruit salad – Steve
11. Dessert – Faye
12. Dessert – Layered Strawberry Cream Cake – Tina
13. Side dish / Corn bread – Ellen
Indicate what food you are bringing in comments section below. If you are bringing a guest, please also indicate what food item your guest will bring.
If your food should be served hot, please bring it in a container to keep it hot (warming tray or crockpot).