Are you interested in working with Serve KC to help fill your volunteer needs? To get started we just have two simple steps…
Step 1: Qualify Your Event or Volunteer Need
The first thing we will want to do is to make sure that Serve KC is a good fit to fill your volunteer needs. It is important that we qualify events so that we can best serve your organization as well as our volunteers. Consequently, we have established some event criteria in order to make sure that everyone has a good experience.
SERVE KC EVENT CRITERIA
Events must meet the following criteria:
- Serve a nonprofit in the Kansas City area
- Offer volunteer activities for 5 or more individuals
- Allow volunteers to work in groups of 2 or more
- An “Event Host” from our group must attend
Events that are not good fits for Serve KC:
- Require on-going commitments from individual volunteers
- Require background checks or volunteers to pay dues or fees
- Require volunteers to attend training prior to volunteering
- Require additional sign-ups through other websites
Events not meeting the criteria outlined above can be posted to the Serve KC Volunteer Opportunity Listing group on Facebook. You may also contact the Serve KC Steering Committee to discuss other circumstances.
Step 2: Submit a Request
If your volunteer need fits our criteria, we require 2-3 weeks minimum notice to consider requests for volunteer support. Serve KC is completely volunteer-run and it may take us a few days to respond to your request, coordinate with our team or secure an Event Host to attend the event.
Please use the form below to submit your request for consideration: