Help us create whimsical Willy Wonka themed ornaments for the Serve KC Tree donation to benefit Johnson County Christmas Bureau. Our tree will be auctioned off during the Festival of Trees in early November along with trees, wreaths and other holiday decorations. We will decorate the tree on Nov. 1st, but need help making the ornaments 1st.
We’ve selected Wonka’s Golden Ticket as our theme with colorful candy decorations. Sunday we’ll be working on giant gumdrops & colorful candies for the tree. Please select one of the items listed below to help share the costs for supplies.
Click this LINK to see our tree color pallet.
1) Chunky translucent glitter (not fine, will be used as sugar) — Sarah
2) 12 Styrofoam balls (golf ball size or larger) — Valerie
3) 10 – 3″ Styrofoam Disks (50¢ each at Dollar Tree) — Margaret
4) 10 – 3″ Styrofoam Disks (50¢ each at Dollar Tree) — Wen
5) 2 rolls cellophane paper & other supplies — Selena
6) 16 sheets each tissue paper bright pink, lime green, blue & purple — Sarah
If you also have empty Wonka candy boxes we can also use them!
We also need the following tree decorations:
7) Tree skirt material – 2 yards dark purple poly satin fabric (photo) — Dorris
8) 350 clear lights ($12 at Big Lots) — Gina
9) 350 clear lights ($12 at Big Lots) — Susan Fieldman
11) Colorful Candy Cane Ornaments ornaments (sample) — Pat
12) Plastic Candy Ornaments (sample) + Other candy ornaments — Pat
Email with any questions at email@example.com
Age Requirement: Because we are hoping to raise money for this tree we ask that all crafters be at least 12 years or older.