NorthCare Hospice & Palliative Care provides compassionate, state-of-the-art hospice care for people facing a wide range of end-stage illnesses. Their patients are eligible for hospice services when their goal is comfort care rather than curative care. NorthCare serves all or part of the following counties in Missouri: Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Platte and Ray.
Serve KC volunteers provide a meal for the patients’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
NorthCare Hospice does not have a stove – only a microwave, so please make sure hot food is hot.
****** ATTENTION VOLUNTEERS! – PLEASE READ: ******
– Please specify what main dish, dessert, side, etc. you’re bringing so that we have a variety of foods.
– Volunteers are permitted to bring one guest. Children are allowed but must be supervised at all times.
– Volunteers will set up food, assist guests with their plates, converse with families and staff, and assist with cleanup. There can be down time during the event.
– Those who RSVP but do not comment on what they are bringing will be removed from the RSVP list 3 days prior to the event.
– Please arrive a few minutes before the start time so that we can stay on schedule. If you are running late, please message the event coordinator.
– If you cannot attend, notify us ASAP so that we can make alternate plans for food.
– Repeated signups and cancellations will result in a volunteer ban from the event until future notice.
Your cooperation will make this event a success for everyone. Thank you!
THEME: Are you ready for some football?! Let’s bring football-themed or tailgate food items.
What would you like bring? Please bring enough for 25-30 people and have your dish assembled – kitchen space is very limited.
MENU AND NAMES:
#2 Main dish
#3 Main dish
#4 Main dish
#5 Side dish
#6 Side dish
#8 Football cake (BETTY ANN)
Again when you sign up, please indicate which food item(s) above you will bring by making a comment. Please be firm in your commitment!!
NOTE: If you cannot attend after signing up, please notify the Event Organizer so that we can make necessary plans. Participants who no-call/no-show may not be eligible for future events.