About Hospice House: When staying at home isn’t an option, Kansas City Hospice House provides a peaceful care alternative by providing medical and nursing care for patients facing advanced illnesses, as well as emotional and spiritual support for patients and their families, all in the comfort of a beautiful, homelike environment. It’s a place where many generations come together and where family members are relieved of caregiving duties and can focus on each other, while the staff attend to the patients’ needs.
Serve KC volunteers provide meals for the residents’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
Today’s Meal Theme: Spring! What do you think of for the flavors, colors and textures of spring food? Asparagus, lemon, baby peas? We will prepare a spring-inspired meal.
Select one of the available categories below, (without a name next to it) then use the Comments section on this page to indicate what you will bring. Please be firm in your commitment.
1. Main Dish – Oriental beef casserole – Cathy
2. Main Dish – Chicken pot pie casserole – Pat
3. Main Dish – Chicken and veggie stir fry – Norma
4. Main Dish – Ham dish – Steve
5. Main Dish – Betty Ann
6. Bread – Susan
7. Deviled eggs – Carol
8. Hot vegetable side dish – Faye
9. Salad – Jennie
10. Salad – pesto pasta salad w/asparagus and peas – Betty Ann
11. Dessert for approx. 20 – Lisa
12. Dessert for approx. 20 – Fruit tarts – Tina
13. Fresh vegetable tray – Ellen