About Hospice House: When staying at home isn’t an option, Kansas City Hospice House provides a peaceful care alternative by providing medical and nursing care for patients facing advanced illnesses, as well as emotional and spiritual support for patients and their families, all in the comfort of a beautiful, homelike environment. It’s a place where many generations come together and where family members are relieved of caregiving duties and can focus on each other, while the staff attend to the patients’ needs.
Serve KC volunteers provide meals for the patients’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
Today’s Meal Theme: Comfort Food Pot Luck. Everyone loves a hearty plate of comfort food, so give the people what they want with a comfort food potluck. Comfort foods are traditional and often provide a nostalgic feeling to the diners. Fried chicken, green bean casserole, baked beans, mashed potatoes, mac ‘n’ cheese, and dinner rolls are just a few ideas. Select one of the available categories below, then use the Comments section on this page to indicate what you will bring. Please be firm in your commitment.
1. Main Dish – Susan
2. Main Dish – Chicken Cheese Casserole – Denise
3. Main Dish – Tater Tot Hotdish -Debbie
4. Main Dish – Meatloaf – Susy
5. Main Dish – Macaroni and Cheese – Lisa
6. Bread – Mary
7. Hot vegetable side dish – Mashed Potatoes – Tina
8. Hot vegetable side dish – Joel
9. Salad – BVW
10. Salad – Carol
11. Dessert for approx. 20 – Chocolate Cake – Betty Ann
12. Dessert for approx. 20 – Faye