POP-UP EVENT – PLEASE HELP
***CHOOSE A LINE ITEM OF FOOD FROM THE DESCRIPTION AND POST A COMMENT TO THE SITE WHEN YOU RSVP***
This event is at the Longfellow (large) House.
Menu: Sloppy Joes, Tater Tots, Mac & Cheese and Oven S’mores. Tonight is all about the kids!
Arrive at 4:30, all food needs to be prepared on site or purchased at a grocery store. Dinner service is at 6:00 pm. When all of the families have gone through the line, our group can eat together.
1) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – JANET
2) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – JANET
3) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – CHRISTIE
4) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – SELENA
5) 6 large bags frozen tater tots – BETH
6) 4 boxes elbow macaroni & 2 Containers Veggie Dip JILL
7) 1 LARGE box Velveta Cheese (store brand is fine) JONI S
8) 5 – 32oz bottles ketchup, 1 large jar dill sliced pickles, JILL
9) At least 64 hamburger buns (8 packages of 8 buns or can get larger packages) – JONI S
10) Cole Slaw Fixings – to feed 25 ppl – your own recipe or jar sauce – salad made on site or purchased from a deli – BETH
11) Veggies for a big tray – 1 bag baby carrots, 1 bag celery, 1 head cauliflower, 1 head broccoli, 2 big cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc. (bring whatever you like for this) TRINA
12) 1 box graham crackers, 2 bags large marshmallows, 3 bags Hershey’s Chocolate Bars (for S’Mores) JILL
Any questions, feel free to call or email me firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Ronald McDonald Houses are a “Home Away From Home” for thousands of families every year who must travel to the Kansas City area to receive medical treatment for a sick or injured child. Together, the two Ronald McDonald Houses (Cherry Street House & Longfellow House) provide temporary lodging to as many as 60 families each night while their children undergo vital medical care. The family Suites inside our Longfellow House, allow us to serve immuno-suppressed children and their families (i.e. organ transplants and bone marrow transplants). Both Houses offer a warm and welcoming place to sleep, as well as full kitchen facilities, laundry facilities, living rooms and recreation areas to provide a homey environment where families may relax away from the stresses of the hospital and meet other families experiencing similar crises.