***CHOOSE A LINE ITEM OF FOOD FROM THE DESCRIPTION AND POST A COMMENT TO THE SITE WHEN YOU RSVP***
Back by popular demand, Breakfast for dinner at the Ronald McDonald Longfellow House. Please arrive at 4:30 to help prepare dinner to serve at 6:00 PM. After all families have eaten, we will eat as a group.
When you RSVP, please indicate what line number of food items you will be bringing and any griddles and large non-stick frying pans you can provide. This is an age appropriate (being able to assist in cooking), child friend event.
1. Pancake Mix, 3 dozen Eggs, Syrup, Chocolate chips, Cooking Spray, Cinnamon, 1 bag cheese, griddle, Peeler – Jill
2. 3 Packages Bacon – Mary Ann
3. 3 Packages Bacon – Amanda
4. 2 Pounds Ground Sausage (for biscuits & gravy) – Sue
5. 1 Costco size or 2 Grocery Store size Bisquick (for biscuits & gravy) – Neila
6. Fruit for a large fruit salad – 1 bunch grapes, 1 pineapple, 1 cantaloupe –
7. Fruit for large fruit salad – 5 apples, 5 oranges, 1 container strawberries –
8. 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese, large tub margarine – Frances
9. 1 Bag Apples for compote, any variety AND 1 gallon Milk – – Ron
Questions: email@example.com or 816-582-6732
The Ronald McDonald Houses are a “Home Away From Home” for thousands of
families every year who must travel to the Kansas City area to receive medical
treatment for a sick or injured child. Together, the three Ronald McDonald Houses provide temporary lodging to as many as 60 families each night while their children undergo vital medical care. The family Suites inside our Longfellow House, allow us to serve immuno-suppressed children and their families (i.e. organ transplants and bone marrow
transplants). Both Houses offer a warm and welcoming place to sleep, as well as full kitchen facilities, laundry facilities, living rooms and recreation areas
to provide a homey environment where families may relax away from the stresses of the hospital and meet other families experiencing similar crises.